Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Supply Chain - Maintenance & Damage Supervisor II
If you are an energetic person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment “Make the Better Move” with your career and join our winning team at Budget Truck Rental. Budget Truck Rental is one of the leading consumer truck rental companies in the United States. Operating through a network of more than 2,100 corporate owned and dealer locations throughout the continental United States. Budget Truck Rental serves both the consumer and light commercial sectors. We are currently searching for a talented Maintenance Manger to successfully manage truck damage and repairs.
This fast paced position contributes to the success of our company by effectively managing and directing the daily operation of the maintenance and damage function for trucks to monitor and control related expenses. This position is responsible for managing the maintenance shop in a safe and professional manner, ensuring compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies and for hiring, training, developing, motivating and evaluating the performance of staff and providing ongoing feedback regarding performance and expectations. Monitor and control parts, outside repairs and maintenance expenses. Approve all maintenance expenditures and direct all recall safety claims and prepare timely repair estimates and salvage packages on all damaged vehicles and forward to claims. Manage vendor relationships to verify that vehicles are repaired in accordance with damage appraisals and ensure all repairs are properly documented per Company standards.
Responsibilities and essential job functions, but are not limited to:
Direct all mechanical and body damage repair in shop. Ensure all related repair orders are completed and processed in accordance with established guidelines. Control vehicle downtime and units out of service. Inspect vended vehicles to ensure specified repairs are completed and quality of work meets established standards. Compare damage repair costs against estimates to ensure quality of repair and utilization of parts purchased. Approve all maintenance expenditures and submit invoices for approval/payment.
Select outside vendors and submit for approval for purchase of parts and repair of vehicles. Maintain up-to-date files on vendor insurance policies.
Ensure warranty submissions meet or exceed business plan and all required paperwork is submitted.
Maintain a preventive maintenance program and coordinate fleet rotation when required.
Hire, train, develop, motivate and evaluate the performance of staff. Provide ongoing feedback regarding performance and expectations.
Perform other duties and special assignments as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, technical school or military service is preferred.
- A minimum of five years shop experience, to include supervisory responsibilities, and trade school and/or dealership and factory service training are required for this position along with mechanical repair knowledge and familiarity with warranty and vendors procedures is required.
- Minimum of five years automotive maintenance with past diesel truck maintenance experience required.
- Knowledge of the rental vehicle industry and prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- English/Spanish Bilingual preferred.
- Travel depending on district/territory visits to outlying locations and vendors is necessary.
- The successful candidate must be willing to and/or possess the following:
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to provide work direction to a team of technicians and staff
- Strong time-management and multitasking skills and capable of determining priorities in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and good decision making skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers & vendors
- Strong organization and administration skills and detail orientation to ensure day to day smooth operations and to keep detailed, accurate records
- Must have a drive for achieving results and ability to convey a sense of urgency when needed
- Proficient computer skills including Excel spreadsheet knowledge
- Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your professional skills
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.RomulusMichiganUnited States of America