Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Major Responsibility: Responsible for the overall performance of the fleet services function with respect to the servicing, vehicle damage repair and in-fleeting/de-fleeting of rental vehicles to maximize fleet utilization and profitability for the City/District.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, implements and communicates operating plans to maximize fleet utilization to business and company guidelines, directing and controlling the maintenance, repair and/or reconditioning of fleet vehicles, all activities relating to in-fleeting new and/or used vehicles into the rental fleet and de-fleeting vehicles to sale, auction and/or other alternative channels.
- Manages performance of team members/employees against business plan by setting, communicating, monitoring and updating goals as needed for key performance indicators on a regular and consistent basis for service, damage, in-fleet and deletion, including, but not limited to, technician productivity, percent out of service, overdue idle cars, vendor cycle time, days to deletion and venue quality average grade
- Forecasts, budgets and manages key financial drivers including, but not limited to, S&W per day, warranty recovery, cost per estimate and cost per deletion.
- Coordinates automotive damage appraisals/repairs and all activities related to repairs and maintenance including documentation and the ordering of parts, tools, and supplies
- Oversees, manages and maintains vendor relationships and workload assignment, ensuring established service levels and standards are met and that all vendor management policies and procedures are followed
- At bussing locations, oversees the repair and/or maintenance of all busses for the operation.
- Partners with the respective Fleet owner, District/City Managers and/or External Partners to prioritize the workload according to business objectives
- Manages all areas of the employee lifecycle including hiring, on-onboarding, training, recognition and performance management of both managers and employees to enable a high performance culture supervises, develops, motivates, recognizes and evaluates the performance of manager and employee staff to enable a high performing culture.
- Manages all facets of employee relations, including, but not limited to, implementing HR policies and practices in a consistent and fair manner, in accordance with Company policies and partnering with Human Resources Business Partners where appropriate.
- Provides a safe work environment by ensuring all safety policies and practices are followed and maintained.
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Financial acumen and forecasting skills
- Talent management and delegation
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent investigation and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation and vendor management skills
- High School diploma required; 2-4 year college degree preferred (or equivalent in education, training or experience).
- Minimum of 5 years management experience of employees in related field (rental car, automotive shop or service oriented field).
- Valid driver’s license and successful background check.
- Ability to work flexible schedules in a fast-paced environment that may include early morning, nights, or weekends, as determined by business needs.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and oversee multiple work areas.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.MemphisTennesseeUnited States of America