Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Avis, a Fortune 500, $5.4B global company is seeking a Global Director, Portfolio Delivery to join our dynamic team. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Zipcar, and others- are shaping the future of mobility with innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our global reach and strong data-based market intelligence position us well as a leading provider of mobility options, with more than 70 years of mobility experience and 11,000 locations. At Avis Budget Group, we believe mobility as a service should be completely connected, integrated, and on-demand for our customers and other businesses, connecting people to more.
The impact you’ll make:
Lead the team of Portfolio, Programme and Project Managers, shaping the ways of working to deliver cross team and complex programmes in line with our Product Centric Agile Operating Model, whilst ensuring solutions are aligned to the Global technology strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Define and establish operating model for delivering programs of work in an Agile environment
- Coach team of Portfolio, Program and Project Managers
- Drive coordinated delivery across values streams, applying knowledge of technology capabilities, industry trends and best practice.
- Establish and track metrics to measure progress against desired outcomes and benefits for identified programs: “what by when” and “did they do it”
- Contribute to the vision of strategic initiatives within the Digital Transformation and produce a roadmap of incremental change that aligns to business strategy and objectives.
- Resource and budget planning for technology teams required to deliver the missions
- Build culture of high performing team across product, technology and business functions.
What we’re looking for:
- Highly organized, action focused and results/solution oriented – “can do attitude”
- Strong relationship and credibility with key stakeholders within Senior Leadership and across Capability leads
- Considers Global, EMEA and Regional teams
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills at all levels incl. executive leadership
- Ability to manage to manage multiple deliverables, prioritize and resolve conflicts
- Experience of delivering large programs of change in an Agile Operating model
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America