Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
At Avis Budget Group, we want renting a car to be an enjoyable experience for all of our customers. We’re hiring product leaders who will partner with awesome people to revolutionize our business by solving complex problems at a massive scale. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design experiences that our customers love. If you are excited about innovative product ideas and believe in the impact of technology, then you are looking at the right opportunity.
Why we will love you:
You’re a thought leader in the Product Development Lifecycle space and have deep knowledge and expertise in prevailing methods for Software Product Development. You understand and are able to successfully drive large scale cross-functional product initiatives, including defining the strategy and leading the execution across multiple teams and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Leading and developing a team of talented Product Managers, Technical Leads, Engineering Resources and Product Analysts to drive product strategy and deliver exceptional results that produce the expected commercial outcomes.
- Creating and executing the vision for our Global Fleet systems that support the company’s vision, strategy and direction
- Inspiring others to embrace change by sharing new perspectives, pushing people to take on new challenges, and understanding what motivates people
- Driving commercialization inputs for product launches, partnership with the GTM teams to ensure clear definitions of success around product market fit
- Evaluating and recommending investments to maximize impact of the product portfolio, inclusive of staffing, partnership and data needs
- Influencing a broad set of senior executives across the enterprise and your organization who are stakeholders or delivery partner to successfully deliver on your portfolio/product vision
- Coaching and mentoring the teams to secure individual and team development and the transfer of competence as well as diversity of thought
- Building and maintain a culture of high performance across the Product Management teams
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of successful product management leadership experience in CRM, CDP or CEH systems; must be well versed and experienced with consumer technology and/or eCommerce business
- An innovative thinker able to synthesize data from multiple sources, including analytics, user research, operations research, and design, to identify key unmet needs and craft solutions
- You’re comfortable influencing a group of executives as well as communicating your product vision clearly to your associates and partners.
- Measurable track record in creating, executing and delivering against a product roadmap and driving business impact.
- You can be open to different communication styles and listen carefully to diverse sets of ideas
- Strong leadership experience in aligning product strategy and execution efforts across large cross-functional groups, multiple locations, and time zones
- Balance of technical and business acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have biggest impact on business
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Demonstrates effective team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and leadership skills
- Adept at ruthless prioritization in the face of competing priorities
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America