Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Hi, it’s nice to meet you! We are Avis Budget Group:
We are a leading global provider of transportation solutions, operating three of the most recognized brands in the industry: Avis, Budget, and Zipcar - the world’s leading car-sharing network. Our employees are driven by a shared ambition to be at their best every day, so that together, we can become the best vehicle rental company in the world. We’ve been doing this for over 75 years, but we are humble enough to know that we can do things even better.
The impact you’d drive:
We are fueling up with top tech talent, to build upon our core strengths and to challenge the way we work, think, and behave – so that together, we can provide a better rental experience for our customers. No matter how big or small the idea, we are united by our innovative spirit. We believe that there is strength in togetherness. Strength in us having a common goal: to get our customers on their way quickly, safely, and sustainably. To expand our engineering culture, we’re boosting our business with great people like you. Choose a career with us, and you’ll be joining a team of driven people; performing with purpose. At Avis Budget Group, we’re driven to be the best vehicle rental company in the world. Together.
What you’ll do:
- You will conduct agile team kick-offs to set expectations with team members based on ABG’s best practices
- You will serve as internal agile expert/coach to support transition to agile model
- You will support Capability leads and Product Managers around delivery of new capabilities to better understand feasibility, agile team involvement, high level sizing, and delivery timing
- You will collaborate with product managers on larger initiatives requiring multiple teams to complete various work
- You will facilitate and/or participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning with Capability leads, Product Managers, and stakeholders
- You will ensure agile teams have proper staffing and skill sets to support product backlog
- You will work with Head of Engineering, Capability lead(s), and Product Manager(s) to determine skillsets needed
- You will work with third-party vendors to onboard resources and ensure capacity to support project teams
- You will remove blockers related to team on boarding and ramp-up / ramp down / transition teams / members when needed
- You will be responsible for the L3 support and own the resolution of issues for the products associated with
- You will focus on tech health of products and work with Architects to evolve the maturity of technology and platforms
- You will be the focal point of contact for Service Management organization focused on – Change, Incident, Platform support to ensure the availability and stability of products
You should apply if you bring:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience managing engineers (mentoring staff/ principal engineers, setting technical direction, etc.)
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in cloud-based web, mobile, and full development (e.g., Node js, Python, C#)
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in building mobile applications plus backend APIs
- Experience in handling 3 or 4 teams, experience with staff augmentation through contingent workers
- Proven track record of getting teams to deliver successfully within ambitious timelines
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, with advanced Excel expertise
We understand applying is intimidating – please try to be confident! You don’t have to match all the requirements exactly to be considered. We are looking for technically skilled, invested leaders eager to take the wheel.
Driven People. Performing with Purpose
We are people driven: building an engineering culture, stronger together, maximizing our diversity of thought, backgrounds and beliefs at every level of our organization.
We are performance driven: encouraging each other to be at our best through leadership, training, tools, and rewards.
We are purpose driven: building modern and cutting-edge products, providing safe and sustainable transport solutions that make a difference to the lives of our colleagues, customers and communities.
Benefits you’ll receive:
- Paid time off
- 401K retirement plan with company matched contributions
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on purchase of Avis / Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service, and more
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America