Finance Accounting Manager - Bracknell
The Controllership team is on a mission is to serve as a strategic business partner by leveraging financial systems and processes that increase transparency, improve efficiency, mitigate risks, shorten decision cycle times, and reinforce financial integrity and accountability.
The Financial Controller, Management Companies roll is a key member of the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) controllership team, working and collaborating with a strong team in the UK as well as across the various countries including mainland Europe, our global headquarters in Parsippany, New Jersey, and our shared service centre in Budapest, Hungary. The Management Companies are ABS [Avis Budget Services Ltd] and ZEL [Zodiac Europe Ltd] and primarily focusing on the International Management team, internal services and external contracts managed on behalf of the network countries. The entities also manage the licensee network which includes royalty fees for the Avis and Budget brands.
Reporting to the Senior Director, EMEA Financial Controller, the individual will be responsible to ensure the integrity of the financial close process, and delivery of all internal and external reporting deadlines. Compliance with the control environment defined by the SOx framework and US GAAP accounting rules is essential within this role as Avis Budget Inc. has reporting requirements with the Securities and Exchange Commission in the U.S.
This role also is responsible for reviewing monthly declarations of Value-Added Tax (VAT) to HMRC and providing guidance as necessary to the shared service centre on VAT treatment of various transactions and managing the timely completion of the statutory accounts and audits of the Management Companies under FRS102.
Working in close collaboration and be a trusted advisor to the Budapest shared service centre to complete tasks the following:
The job holder is responsible for ensuring the provision of timely and accurate information and maintaining positive relationships with senior management and staff throughout the business. Managing the monthly financial close process and reporting of results to senior management. Ensuring a strong internal controls environment across ABS along with review of controls in the BSC (Budapest Service Centre) to achieve annual audit & SOx sign off. Delivering monthly, quarterly and annual reporting schedules for both internal and external reporting purposes and being the main point of contact for auditors and tax team. Reviewing monthly financials (inc. balance sheet ownership) and an on-going review of processes to identify any efficiency savings and control opportunities. Supporting purchase to pay and intercompany processes for the entity. Partnering with central budget holders to ensure month-end accruals are supportable and accurate. Ad hoc financial accounting tasks as assigned by the Finance Manager. Identify and implement process improvements to the above tasks to ensure these are being done in the most efficient manner and risks are mitigated. Project manage various initiatives and projects within EMEA from time-to-time.
- Monthly financial close process and EBITDA reporting.
- Monthly & Quarterly reporting to US
- Supporting the internal and external audit
- Production of statutory accounts
- Managing financial controls in the team
- Assisting in SOX compliance programme
- Review Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with ad hoc projects
- Review of VAT and Tax returns & compliance
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting
- 3+ years post qualified
- Month end reporting and financial controls
- Financial statement preparation
- Experience with managing an audit
- Experience with FRS 102 and an international GAAP (IFRS/U.S. GAAP)
- Experience with UK VAT rules and requirements
- Excel including V-Lookups and Pivot Tables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and act with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent time management, planning, decision-making and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and wanting to make a difference, with a track record of achievements.
- Ability to work as part of a team to keep others informed where necessary
- Attention to detail a must to ensure tasks are performed with high levels of diligence and accuracy.