Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Hi, it’s nice to meet you! We are Avis Budget Group:
We are a leading global provider of transportation solutions, operating three of the most recognized brands in the industry: Avis, Budget, and Zipcar - the world’s leading car-sharing network. Our employees are driven by a shared ambition to be at their best every day, so that together, we can become the best vehicle rental company in the world. We’ve been doing this for over 75 years, but we are humble enough to know that we can do things even better.
The impact you’d drive:
We are fueling up with top tech talent, to build upon our core strengths and to challenge the way we work, think, and behave – so that together, we can provide a better rental experience for our customers. No matter how big or small the idea, we are united by our innovative spirit. We believe that there is strength in togetherness. Strength in us having a common goal: to get our customers on their way quickly, safely, and sustainably. To expand our engineering culture, we’re boosting our business with great people like you. Choose a career with us, and you’ll be joining a team of driven people; performing with purpose. At Avis Budget Group, we’re driven to be the best vehicle rental company in the world. Together.
What you’ll do:
- Carry out POCs and Roll out new multi cloud solutions with minimal guidance.
- Review Platform Infrastructure components, data warehousing environments and identify opportunities for improvement in terms of operational excellence, security, and cost optimization.
- Provide technical leadership and responsible for team building by quick assimilation of knowledge about new systems being rolled out, documenting, and sharing the same with team members, assist them as required.
- Administer critical data platform components and provide support as needed.
You should apply if you bring:
- Overall 5+ years’ experience in IT industry including 1+ years’ experience with GCP platform components.
- Good understanding on the Google cloud platform capabilities are mandatory.
- Experience rolling out infrastructure as a code, using Terraform/Ansible stacks.
- Very good understanding of Cloud databases and technologies including GCP Cloud SQL, AWS RDS, BigQuery & Redshift.
- Good knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL skills are needed.
- Hands on experience with GCP DataProc, Data flow and GCS.
- Google Cloud Network & IAM services experience.
- Understand network topologies and common network protocols and services with knowledge on trouble shooting.
- Experience setting up monitoring and alerting tools like Dynatrace and cloud native logging and monitoring frameworks.
- Operating Systems: 1+ years of experience in Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with scripting languages: Python/Shell.
- Experience with GCP data migration service.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and scripted pipelines with focus on Jenkins.
- Experience integrating applications with third party encryption tools like voltage.
- Interpersonal skills to include effective verbal and written communication within team, key leaders, and other departments.
- Ability to understand the big picture and clarity of thoughts to actively contribute to solutioning calls involving multiple teams.
We understand applying is intimidating – please try to be confident! You don’t have to match all the requirements exactly to be considered. We are looking for technically skilled, invested leaders eager to take the wheel.
Driven People. Performing with Purpose
We are people driven: building an engineering culture, stronger together, maximizing our diversity of thought, backgrounds and beliefs at every level of our organization.
We are performance driven: encouraging each other to be at our best through leadership, training, tools, and rewards.
We are purpose driven: building modern and cutting-edge products, providing safe and sustainable transport solutions that make a difference to the lives of our colleagues, customers and communities.
Benefits you’ll receive:
- Paid time off
- 401K retirement plan with company matched contributions
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on purchase of Avis / Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service, and more
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America