Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Research, resolve and respond to customers regarding their car rental experience worldwide. This will cover all aspects, pre, during and post rental of the customer’s interaction with the company. Accurate communication of policies and procedures in conjunction with the empowerment guidelines to negotiate a mutually beneficial solution that fosters customer satisfaction and promotes customer loyalty. Achieve and maintain performance expectations of a statistical and qualitative nature which will include professional and efficient handling of the customers call and accurate completion of the administrative and follow up duties when required. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the interaction with customers by delivering outstanding service as a means to drive and build loyalty, improve retention, and achieve corporate best-in-service goals and objectives.
- Complete responsibility to resolve customer inquiries and problems through effective interaction and negotiation
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting corrections and adjustments.
- Provide accurate rental terms and conditions, including but not limited to pre and post rental transactions, loyalty programs and negotiation guidelines in accordance with company policy.
- Accurately enter required data into various company systems for tracking, reporting and retention of customer records. Insure that all interactions are in accordance with ABG policies and standards for service and professionalism in order to achieve the ABG loyalty/NPS objectives.
- Successfully meet specific metrics/goals in a performance driven function, including high customer satisfaction scores, negotiating and overcoming objections
- Participate in special projects and/or conduct various other duties as may be required or assigned.
This position does not have formal supervision responsibilities.
Qualifications (may vary by level)
- High School Diploma required. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Three years of related job experience in a fast-paced customer service position
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Strong leadership, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle complex customer issues while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and active listening
- Active participation in virtual training sessions is required
- Advance PC skills using MS Outlook, MS Office and multiple internal systems for case management, reservations, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate strong initiative to exceed expectations.
- Regular and punctual attendance
Minimal travel is required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.TulsaOklahomaUnited States of America