Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Senior Benefits Specialist
We are seeking a full time Benefits Specialist at our corporate headquarters in Parsippany NJ to join the human resources division. This role supports administration, of all US benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, voluntary group plans, and retirement plans.
The impact you’ll make:
In this role, you will be a critical team member, collaborating with stakeholders to support the overall design, administration and communication of the company’s health, welfare and retirement plans. This will include medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and various health programs focused on cost management and reducing health risks. You will support the development of new initiatives to establish competitive and cost-effective programs from end to end.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the administration of the company Benefit programs
- Responsible for employee Benefit communications ensuring all benefit offering information is available and accessible
- Coordinate, analyzes & provides accurate information on health, welfare and disability plan information to employees, HR business partners, employee service center and benefit plan vendors
- Assist in the data review for the filing and coordination of annual tax and compliance reporting activities including and not limited to ACA 1095—C/1094-C, H&W 5500 and state leave attestation
- Support with new benefit implementations and/or vendor changes
- Assist to ensures compliance with state or federal requirements with provisions of ERISA, HIPPA, COBRA, ACA, FMLA, ADA, Workers Comp and internal policies.
- Audits, analyzes, and verifies monthly billing and benefits funding health, welfare and retirement plans
- Deliver periodic benefits overview sessions to the employee service center team to communicate new plans, plan changes or provide greater insight on each of the benefit plans and program
- Support administration of the retirement Plans
- Assist as needed with SOX Audits of benefit processes
- Prepares reports to support a variety of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual data requests
- Works with Payroll Department on employee benefit deduction issues and corrects any discrepancies.
- Assists in completing benefits reporting requirements such as PCORI, RxDC Reporting, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- 1 to 3 years benefits experience (in-house or consulting)
- Experience with Workday or similar HRIS preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge
Skills and abilities, you should have:
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America