DRIVEN TO BE THE BEST
Avis Budget Group operates a network of at least 17 rental stations in Belgium and Luxembourg. Infrastructure and end user support at these sites is provided by several onshore and offshore partners who are managed by a Western region ABG IT team.
The job will be localized at our regional headquarters located in Diegem.
You will support our partners and the central IT team using your local knowledge and language skills. You will also be able to translate between end users and the IT specialists of our partners. You will support the regional IT Business Partner with implementing IT processes in the region and improving the quality of technology services for the region.
To ensure success as an IT Support Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of business software and hardware systems (client and server), excellent troubleshooting skills, and high-level interpersonal skills. Ultimately, a top-class IT Support Engineer helps resolving all IT issues quickly and effectively while maintaining a good relationship with the users.
You will report directly to the IT Business Partner based in Germany. You will work with users on all levels of the organization, as well as supporting third party service desk agents, engineers, and software developers.
The role will encompass the following main areas:
- Taking ownership of infrastructure changes in our rental station network
- Proactively identifying infrastructure problems and working with central IT, partners, and suppliers to resolution
- Supporting IT infrastructure projects affecting the region
- Maintaining excellent relationship with local IT suppliers and supporting central IT team and partners in communicating with local suppliers
- Supporting correct prioritization of IT support requests and their timely resolution
- Providing technical hands-on support for local HQ IT infrastructure (telephony, networking equipment, end user equipment)
- Supporting standard business applications and our virtualized desktop environment in rental stations and HQ
Your outstanding communication skills will help you to effectively talk to business users as well as IT specialists, and you will be confident in both supporting your internal customers and directing external suppliers.
IT Support Engineer Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking systems
- Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues with excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Outstanding organization, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner with a high level of attention to detail
- Flexible & adaptable towards an ever-changing, fast-moving business
You must be fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- You will be part of an organisation with strong growth ambitions that also wants to take responsibility for the environment and society. We are committed to meeting today's expectations in a sustainable way, with our future generations in mind.
- We value our employees and respect for work life balance through flexible working possibilities.
- In this function you will enjoy an interesting financial package including a company car, meal vouchers, insurances, complemented by extra-legal benefits and extra vacation days that can be planned freely.