Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Want to accelerate your career? Join a team of driven people, performing with purpose.
At Avis Budget Group, we are proud to be a performance driven organization. Our 21,000+ employees encourage each other to be at their best through outstanding leadership, training and tools and rewards.
As a participant of our ABG Accelerate program you will be encouraged to explore different career paths to grow both personally and professionally to jump start a rewarding career.
The 15 Week Accelerate Program consists of:
- Two rotations – one within your role and one in a related field. This is followed by direct-position placement on a team where you can instantly provide value
- Networking opportunities with peers and senior leaders to practice networking skills and learn about teams across the business
- Intensive training on professional development skills
- Integration into our field operations to learn how your team influences our daily operations
The impact you’ll make:
As a Network Specialist, you will directly impact and transform network technologies across the organization to improve external and internal customer experience
What you’ll do:
- Learn network technologies: MPLS, SDWAN, LAN, WLAN and much more
- Learn how different parts of IT and business enable customer service
- Drive operational issues to resolution
What we’re looking for:
- A network specialist with academic studies in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Ability to breakdown complex projects into individual tasks and drive them to completion
- Owner who takes accountability and responsibility for customer experience and operational excellence
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Basic knowledge of OSI and TCP/IP models
- Routing protocol basics, Dijkstra's algorithm
- Academic understanding of Local Area Network technologies, specifically Ethernet
- Academic understanding of cryptography
- Strong communication skills
Extra points for this:
- Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF
- Scripting and programming languages: Python
- Version control system: GitHub, Bitbucket or Gitlab
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America