Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
At Avis Budget Group, we want renting a car to be an enjoyable experience for all our customers. We’re hiring product managers who will partner with awesome people to revolutionize our business by solving complex problems at a massive scale. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design experiences that our customers love. If you are excited about innovative product ideas and believe in the impact of technology, then you are looking at the right opportunity.
Why we will love you:
You’re inspired to create magical, digital experiences and obsess over the customer experience. You understand greatness requires thinking differently and an inclusive, accepting work environment is important to you. While doing all of this you can balance the commercial needs of your stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Leading the product strategy for assigned products and ensure that the delivery of outcomes meets objectives and customer needs
- Developing our multi-year vision, strategy, and roadmap for your assigned products
- Defining OKR ́s for assigned products together with the teams and key stakeholders to ensure teams are aligned and tracking towards the same goals
- Ensuring different perspectives are heard and balanced to meet business objectives, securing
- collaboration, and strong partnerships with key stakeholders in various parts of the organization
- Coach and mentor the teams to secure individual and team development and the transfer of competence as well as diversity of thought
- Build a trusting, safe environment where team members feel empowered
- Benchmarking against industry standards to meet customer needs and ensure that product teams understand and drive towards meeting them
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them -- and you're deeply proud of what you've accomplished
- Strong leadership experience in aligning product strategy and execution efforts across large cross-functional groups, multiple locations, and time zone
- Balance of technical and business acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have biggest impact on business
- Ability to take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Demonstrates effective team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and leadership skills
- You can get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing and experimentation.
- Adept at ruthless prioritization in the face of competing priorities
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America