Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs preventative maintenance and completes minor repairs on gasoline and diesel medium duty trucks.
- Diagnoses and repairs braking systems, air conditioning, basic electrical systems (starting, charging, lighting), engine cooling systems, and steering.
- Changes oil, replaces filters, checks and replaces belts and hoses, replaces windshield wipers and headlights.
- Completes most repairs with little or no assistance.
- Maintains towing equipment.
- Completes necessary paperwork as required.
- Adapts to varying tasks according to changing volume and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years automotive maintenance experience.
- Truck maintenance experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interpret and understand basic documented standards and procedures including work orders, maintenance, and repair manuals.
- Individual accountability and strong attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform day-to-day physical tasks involving moderately demanding work including: standing, kneeling, crawling, turning, and pushing or lifting moderately heavy objects.
- Must possess basic hand tools required for preventative maintenance and most repairs.
Who We Are: Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees, and a world of opportunities.