About the Role
As a Lead Hand you will be responsible for leading a small team of Vehicle Service Agents and ensuring that vehicles are clean and ready to deliver to the customer in a timely manner.
Your duties will include the supervision of a small team, shuttling fleet between the wash and counter locations, cleaning cars including both the interior and exterior as well as completing other adhoc duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise a small team to ensure vehicles are washed and cleaned following processes and to required standard, providing coaching to team as required.
- Liaise with Duty Manager to discuss and organise fleet, staff and general shift requirements.
- Conduct regular checks and communicate with Return Agents to monitor check in volumes and rental bay levels.
- Clean interior and exterior of vehicles according to quality standards.
- General tasks that support the efficient running of the washbay area and fleet management onsite.
- Assisting customers with inquiries, concerns and requests in a positive and friendly manner where required.
Skills & Experience
- Hold a full and valid driver's licence, with the ability to drive both manual and automatic vehicles in a range of sizes
- Have some experience leading small teams
- Enjoy working in a team environment, however you will be self-directed and able to work independently when required
- Be passionate about delivering an exceptional product to our customers
- Value quality workmanship and take pride in each vehicle you deliver
- Demonstrate initiative by continually looking for your next task without being asked
- Possess basic computer skills and the aptitude to learn administrative tasks
Benefits and Perks
- $25.46 Hourly base pay + loadings
- Wellbeing programme incl. life insurance + discounted health insurance + superannuation options
- Access to Perkbox – discounts and offers with hundreds of retailers and big brands, including on cinema tickets , fitness classes , shopping discounts and much more
- Employee discounts on car rental across Avis Budget Group
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by Converge – 24/7 support for your mental health and wellbeing
- Full training provided to help you achieve your goals & reach your potential