Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Join our team as a Fleet Manager and care for the most foundational element of our business: our vehicles! You'll direct the daily operation of the in-fleet, maintenance, damage, condition and de-fleet functions for our shop(s).
What you'll do:
- Ensure a safe work environment and processes in and around our shops.
- Manage P&L performance, productivity, financial and asset controls and adhere to audit and financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely completion of recalls, preventative maintenance and quality of vehicle repairs.
- Assign work and provids supervision to associates and/or managers. Ensure all related repair orders are completed and processed in accordance with established guidelines. Approve all maintenance expenditures and submit invoices for approval/payment.
- Select, manage and inspect outside vendor work to established service levels and quality standards. Ensure proper use of purchase orders, receipt of services and payment of invoices. Maintain up-to-date files on vendor insurance policies.
- Minimize vehicle downtime and units out of service.
- Ensure warranty submissions meet or exceed business plan and all required documentation is submitted.
- Ensure timely and accurate in-fleeting and optimal condition for de-fleeting.
- Hire, train, engage, energize, set up for success, coach and recognize team members to enable a high-performing culture.
- Guide the resolution of employee relations issues and commonly faced problems to build and maintain professional relationships with subordinates.
What we're looking for:
- High School degree required.
- At least two years of leadership experience, preferably in fleet maintenance functions in the automotive industry.
- Travel depending on district/territory to outlying locations and vendors is necessary.
- Proven ability to engage a team and drive results.
- Strong communication skills and ability to provide work direction to a team of technicians and staff.
- Strong time-management, multitasking and problem solving skills.
- Strong process orientation with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel spreadsheet knowledge.
- Proactive cross-functional team player able to work in a fast paced service-oriented work environment.
Extra points for this:
- Bachelor’s degree
- ASE certifications and/or automotive technical training or experience.
Perks you'll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Saint LouisMissouriUnited States of America