Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Social Media Associate Manager to join our growing marketing team. S/he will be responsible for developing and creating engaging social media campaigns and the daily operation of the Avis Budget Group social media properties. The ideal candidate will be able to implement social media best practices across all social channels with the goal of increasing brand awareness and building an engaged social media community. S/he must be a skillful communicator, creative writer, and storyteller with a talent for communicating a brand voice. S/he must have a thorough understanding of social media best practices and emerging trends in the social space. The Social Media Associate Manager with be responsible for developing and implementing a content calendar, working closely with our marketing and creative design teams.
What you'll do:
- Develop and launch a social media content plan that is consistent with the company’s brand identity with the goal of increasing brand awareness and customer engagement
- Create compelling and meaningful posts for all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Research target audiences and leverage insights to identify opportunities and recommend social media strategies
- Communicate with social media followers including responding to queries and working with our CS and PR teams to improve customer experiences
- Monitor and track campaign effectiveness through various analytic tools to evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance
- Prepare weekly/monthly reporting on social media impact and marketing efforts
- Work with the marketing team to develop ongoing social media marketing strategy improvements leveraging creative and out-of-the-box thinking
- Constantly evolve and keep up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media
- Some experience using Social Media Management Platforms, such as Sprinklr (preferred)
What we're looking for:
- Social Media Manager professional with at least 3 years of demonstrated experience able to work with an international multi-location organization.
Skills and abilities you should have:
- 3-5+ years of consistent social media and brand marketing experience including planning and managing content in a large-scale corporate setting
- Experience managing paid and organic social media strategies across multiple locations/sites
- Excellent writer and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience in various analytics software including GA to track and analyze social media KPI's
- Able to multitask with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience in graphic design and video editing
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience in the travel industry plus, but not required
Perks you’ll get:
- Clear and defined career paths to pursue
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company-matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care services, and more
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America