Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Using the Maintenance Management System for labor and parts standards, this position is responsible for reviewing all work completed and work exceptions to ensure charges are in accordance with the system guidelines and approve if appropriate. Will also review and approve all repairs and repair orders for work to be completed on trucks and towing equipment. Ensure all unassigned work has been approved and assigned to the appropriate provider within the territory. Identify maintenance issues (including tires, glass & windshield etc.) and work with the Maintenance Manager, Regional Maintenance Manager and the Manager of Budget Truck Maintenance to resolve any open items. Assist with maintaining the running cost of repairing the fleet and exercise good judgment in the authorization of repairs to optimize fleet utilization.
What you’ll do:
- Makes certain all inbound calls for pre-approval of maintenance on fleet and towing equipment are addressed and responded to within the Company guidelines. Ensure all repairs are completed and processed within a timely manner and are within the Pre-Approval guidelines established by the Company.
- Enter all work orders into the Maintenance Management System. Responsible for entering accurate data, efficiently and have the ability to retrieve processed data. Proof material entered and generate minor reports as required.
- Respond to all incoming calls in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction through the investigation and resolution of issues or concerns regarding fleet maintenance issues.
- Work with Estimated Return to Service reports to expedite the return of vehicles to rentable status and control vehicle downtime.
- Control repairs of the fleet to ensure guidelines and repairs are cost-effective. Works with Maintenance Providers to ensure all national account vendor programs are being utilized. Negotiate pricing for parts and labor to meet the Maintenance Management System Standards. Communicate with the Field Maintenance personnel to validate exceptions to the Maintenance Management System guidelines. Makes recommendations on vendor changes in the Maintenance Management System.
- Assists and supports the Field Maintenance Management team in building relationships with outside providers.
- Coordinate fleet rotation with the District/Maintenance Management team to ensure units are available for preventive maintenance and necessary repairs. Gives support, when needed, in the preparation of salvage package/s for approval by region. Assist in the monitoring of trade and sale units according to Company program guidelines. Works with Maintenance Managers in the disposal of all obsolete inventory.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as required.
What we’re looking for:
- 3 Years background or hands on maintenance experience in fleet or truck repairs.
- Need to have working knowledge of repairs times, labor rates and cost of parts. Experience in tire sales and service is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and results-driven orientation. Ability to demonstrate a drive for achieving results and capacity to convey a sense of urgency when appropriate.
- Sound time-management and multi-tasking skills and capable of determining priorities in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Strong math and analytical skills, ability to analyze maintenance repair data and cost figures to determine areas of concerns or areas that require action.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate accurate maintenance and or repair information to a wide variety of audiences, including staff operations and providers both verbally and written.
- Professional phone skills needed
- Strong customer service skills, and professional responsiveness to both external and internal customers.
Extra points for this:
- Technical School Degree
- Computer skills, including Excel spreadsheet knowledge
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.TulsaOklahomaUnited States of America