Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Want to accelerate your career? Join a team of driven people, performing with purpose.
At Avis Budget Group, we are proud to be a performance driven organization. Our 21,000+ employees encourage each other to be at their best through outstanding leadership, training and tools and rewards.
As a participant of our ABG Accelerate program you will be encouraged to explore different career paths to grow both personally and professionally to jump start a rewarding career.
The 15 Week Accelerate Program consists of:
- Two rotations – one within your role and one in a related field. This is followed by direct-position placement on a team where you can instantly provide value
- Networking opportunities with peers and senior leaders to practice networking skills and learn about teams across the business
- Intensive training on professional development skills
- Integration into our field operations to learn how your team influences our daily operations
What you’ll do:
- Act as a point of contact to assist employees with day-to-day general inquires
- Maintain and ensure data accuracy for the HR databases
- Assist HR Business Partner with day-to-day operational needs
- Provide general administrative support to the HR function as needed
- Oversee and/or support key HR-wide projects
- Lead employee on-boarding including processing new hire paperwork and coordinate all candidate communications
- Conduct employee exit interviews and own the offboarding process
- Assists with key people processes such as performance review and benefits open enrollment
- Participates in culture-add initiatives across the organization
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, 0-2 years’ experience preferred with a strong interest in Human Resources
- Able to prioritize in a fast paced, high pressure, constantly changing environment; Good sense of urgency and time management
- Proficient to advanced computer skills including MS Outlook, Word Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented; Demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others, but also the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Previous experience with an applicant tracking system and HR databases preferred
We offer comprehensive benefit packages and competitive pay.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America