Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Hi, it’s nice to meet you! We are Avis Budget Group:
We are a leading global provider of transportation solutions, operating three of the most recognized brands in the industry: Avis, Budget, and Zipcar - the world’s leading car-sharing network. Our employees are driven by a shared ambition to be at their best every day, so that together, we can become the best vehicle rental company in the world. We’ve been doing this for over 75 years, but we are humble enough to know that we can do things even better.
The impact you’d drive:
We are fueling up with top tech talent, to build upon our core strengths and to challenge the way we work, think, and behave – so that together, we can provide a better rental experience for our customers. No matter how big or small the idea, we are united by our innovative spirit. We believe that there is strength in togetherness. Strength in us having a common goal: to get our customers on their way quickly, safely, and sustainably. To expand our engineering culture, we’re boosting our business with great people like you. Choose a career with us, and you’ll be joining a team of driven people; performing with purpose. At Avis Budget Group, we’re driven to be the best vehicle rental company in the world. Together.
What you’ll do:
The Business Insights Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering critical business insights, and decision support expertise to a wide range of business functions (Marketing, Sales, Ancillary Products, Pricing, Fleet, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, and Customer Service). This includes providing solutions and thought leadership in the areas of revenue generation, fleet optimization, operational excellence, and customer experience. This position will be in our World Headquarters Parsippany, NJ office.
- Engaging with business users to understand business challenges, how users are approaching these challenges, and identify machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions that will support the decision making process
- Designing, developing, and implementing predictive/prescriptive models and analytical tools to extract maximum value from data
- Translating data insights into actions and recommendations that will drive better revenue and fleet decisions
- Identifying new or transformed data sources that could lead to better models and insights
- Developing processes and tools to measure and monitor model performance and value achieved from solutions
- Identifying automation opportunities to help business team increase time spent analyzing results
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data science and/or business intelligence, delivering advanced analytics solutions
- Previously held a managerial/leadership role for complete large-scale projects
- Strong SQL and programming skills
- Ability to think strategically and identify critical success factors when developing solutions
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand, and fast paced environment
Driven People. Performing with Purpose
We are people driven: building an engineering culture, stronger together, maximizing our diversity of thought, backgrounds and beliefs at every level of our organization.
We are performance driven: encouraging each other to be at our best through leadership, training, tools, and rewards.
We are purpose driven: building modern and cutting-edge products, providing safe and sustainable transport solutions that make a difference to the lives of our colleagues, customers and communities.
Benefits you’ll receive:
- Paid time off
- 401K retirement plan with company matched contributions
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on purchase of Avis / Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service, and more
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America