Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Responsible for ensuring effective and efficient contact center operations by forecasting and scheduling global workforce requirements. Leads and manages resource utilization and call flows across internal and outsourced multi-site global locations through the use of volume/demand forecasting, business finance planning, capacity/staff planning, configuration and real-time performance management & monitoring.
Provides world-class support to enable our contact centers to achieve core service level metrics and drive key performance outcomes within their organizations.
Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes, implements and manages strategic planning of resources and customer contact work assignment across internal contact centers (forecasting, hiring, staffing, scheduling).
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains processes for productivity and performance improvements related to skills-based call routing.
- Works closely with business partners to forecast staffing and facility requirements to ensure resource availability required to meet company targets.
- Provides sufficient support and recommendations to contact center leadership for evaluating alternatives for cross-operations applications, staff utilization and call flow scenarios.
- Establishes, implements and manages reporting/operating standards and procedures for the utilization of all contact channels such as voice, e-mail, chat, social media, etc.
- Advises contact center leadership and direct reports of key operational issues affecting efficient labor management in a complex internal and outsourced multi-site environment.
- Monitors industry best-practices to identify trends to improve workforce management techniques and technology and determine adaptability to ABG contact centers and company business objectives.
- Lead workforce management team members, foster their professional development and growth with a focus on promoting team work and cooperation.
- Support staff through hands on development and training of best practices for forecasting and scheduling in a complex internal and outsourced global multi-site environment
Ensures proper staffing and the use of overtime hours. Conducts annual performance appraisals for direct reports, recommends salary increases, provides individual feedback to improve performance, and initiates corrective action in response to personnel problems. Reviews and approves salary increases for indirect reports. Oversees the training of new employees to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma required.
- 5 years management experience in a multi-site contact center environment.
- 5 years workforce planning, scheduling and tracking experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with various software applications (MS Office, Center Bridge, Verint Strategic Planner, Tableau Reports, SQL).
- Experience in Contact Center Workforce systems, successfully operating within Verint (Strongly preferred), Genesys, IEX or other Workforce Management products and environment
- Working knowledge of call routing tools and IVR required. (Amazon Connect experience a plus)
- Strategic thinking/planning and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with outsourcing operations is preferred
- Proven track record of strong consultative and collaborative skills to partner with business leaders to devise solutions to complex business challenges
- Ability to influence and collaborate across cultural and organizational boundaries (at all levels), all functions: Operations, Technology, Marketing, Finance, etc.
- Deep practical experience and understanding of operations and operational strategies and leveraging this understanding to support ABG/Contact Center strategic initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Ability to drive change, influencing business partners, and maintaining strong relationships in a consensus driven culture
Some travel is required (approximately 20%).
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. *Use of company vehicle subject to company policy. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.TulsaOklahomaUnited States of America