Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Are you a Data Science professional passionate about providing innovative solutions to complex real world problems, creating real profitability impact for one of the leading car rental companies in the world? Are you looking for engaging work in a highly motivated, innovative environment?
Our team is looking for a Data Scientist to provide machine learning and artificial intelligence problem solving expertise to support cross-functional decisions at Avis Budget Group. This position will build mathematical models, develop cutting-edge analytics solutions, and present actionable insights from research to support the business in decision-making. The Data Scientist will also engage with our business users to ensure that on-going continuous improvements occur within existing models and solutions. The position will also help the business find ways to better leverage, utilize, and instill decision support solutions throughout the organization.
The Advanced Analytics team at Avis Budget Group works closely with teams across every organizational function (pricing, fleet, marketing, operations, supply chain, etc) to provide scientific solutions for everyday business decisions, and to improve business strategies and processes.
Essential duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Engaging with business users to understand business challenges, how users are approaching these challenges, and identify machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions that will support the decision making process
- Designing, developing, and implementing predictive/prescriptive models and analytical tools to extract maximum value from data
- Translating data insights into actions and recommendations that will drive better revenue and fleet decisions
- Identifying new or transformed data sources that could lead to better models and insights
- Developing processes and tools to measure and monitor model performance and value achieved from solutions
- Identifying automation opportunities to help business team increase time spent analyzing results
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or related discipline
- Minimum 1 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education/work
- Experience with at least one data science package (e.g., Scikit-Learn, PyTorch, Caffe, TensorFlow), database queries (e.g., Oracle, SQLServer, Access, Hadoop/HiveSQL), and at least one programming language (e.g., VBA, Java, C/C++, Python, R, SAS)
- Knowledge of BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
- Strong analytical, judgment, and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and planning skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
What makes you stand out
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or similar discipline
- Knowledge and experience with optimization programming and packages (e.g., CPLEX, GAMS, OPL, FICO® Xpress/DASH)
- Demonstrated experience presenting complex model outputs and results to non-technical audience
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America