Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
This role will be responsible for owning and driving product placement in the market. The Retail Excellence Manager will be the subject matter expert on how to position vehicles and ancillary products in an online vehicle sales environment to customers. The candidate should possess a strong sense of how front and back end gross drives a used car sales department to success. A successful candidate in this role will have the drive to find quick solutions. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in ambiguous situations early on and find ways to build processes/governance to drive the business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all merchandising aspects of positioning products online; imagery, transparent inspection reports, ancillary products, vehicle pricing.
- Consistently maintaining an understanding of industry trends; vehicle valuations, competitive pricing, and inventory levels
- Responsible for our process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives supporting a culture of methodical, goal-based change to drive business transformation and operational excellence
- Regularly monitoring available inventory for sale and making market adjustments when needed
- Identifying areas of improvement for how the department operates
- Ability to balance supporting stakeholders while also holding them accountable
- Fill a peer leader role as the department scales and others begin to join
- Implements store initiatives for consistent execution and continuous improvement
- Analyze market trends to implement calculated processes to maximize efficiency and profitability
- Centralizing methods across locations to create a cohesive environment
- Facilitating meetings and training
- Work closely with stores and regions to determine specific geographical needs
- Utilize tools and processes to manage inventory flow
What we’re looking for:
- 5-7 years of automotive retail experience
- 2-3 years of vehicle acquisition/purchasing
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, or 5 years automotive digital /sales experience
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Hands on experience with vAuto or comparable online inventory management system
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills - ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Institutional Avis Budget Group knowledge would be a plus
Perks you’ll get:
- Clear and defined career paths to pursue.
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance.
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages.
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions.
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills.
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service, and more.
Who are we?
Here at Avis Budget Group, we're more than just rentals--although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally recognized brands including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration, and most importantly--power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America