Avis Budget Group is searching for full-time Loss Prevention Agent to join our Field Administration Department based in Virginia Beach. This job contributes to the success of Avis Budget Group by protecting assets by a daily accounting of overdue rentals. Requires the use of a variety of investigative procedures, beginning with calling customers and when necessary ending with obtaining police alarms, with the intent to recover the overdue vehicle.
What you'll do:
• Reviews 10-day worksheets/spreadsheets received from TCS and perform appropriate follow-up which includes a variety of investigative techniques designed to recover the overdue vehicle.
• Make and receive both outbound and inbound calls/emails to and from renters regarding overdue rentals. Outbound calls/emails will be made to but not limited to renters, companies, travel agencies, and field locations.
• Using the tools provided, attempt to locate additional contact numbers/email addresses for overdue renters
• Documenting worksheets /database with current attempts made to contact the renters
• Update Wizard screens with call notes, and extensions when applicable
• Requesting skip traces on overdue renters
• Sending letters of demand when applicable
• Issuing repossessions and contacting repo companies for updates regarding their attempts to locate the vehicle.
• Prepares necessary documentation and forwards to the field security personnel when all possible attempts to recover the cars have been completed.
• Reviews ISO report on a daily basis and communicates with field personnel.
• Continues to follow-up with field personnel and security managers and places vehicles in missing/alarm status after field security personnel have obtained the police alarm.
• Maintains a close working relationship and constant interaction with field personnel.
• Contacting renters who are driving a car that a safety recall has been issued on (instructions will vary depending on the nature of the manufacturer’s recall).
What we're looking for:
• High School Degree/GED required
• 3 years of customer service experience.
• FT Opportunity/ 8:00am-4:30pm, weekends included.
What you should bring:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle escalated customer issues
• Must be detailed oriented, and have excellent organizational skills.
• Basic knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office.
Perks you’ll get:
• Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
• Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
• Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
• Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
• Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
• Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 15 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.Virginia BeachVirginiaUnited States of America