Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The impact you’ll make:
This role contributes to the organization's success by analyzing key performance indicators and business trends in order to forecast results and recommend actions to improve those results. The Analyst role will be heavily focused on project planning within technology investment and The Analyst will be expected to analyze monthly financial statements and our various financial databases, as well as undertake ad hoc financial analysis projects.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the monthly accounting close. Through the usage of the Oracle Fusion & PBCS data management system, audit and review month-end results. Prepare journal entries as required. Create and analyze miscellaneous ad-hoc reports. Produce and distribute monthly staffing results. Research and provide support to field managers regarding accruals and payments.
- Assist in the production and review of the annual capex budget and forecast. Analyze submissions for accuracy and content. Validate business cases and initiate project submissions.
- Utilize Oracle ERP system on regular basis, leveraging the projects module for global capital project planning, forecasting and cost management.
- Prepare funding requests for capital expenditures.
- Prepare reports for management for presentation to internal stakeholders.
- Support ad-hoc financial analysis requests.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of business experience.
- Must be able to work independently on simultaneous projects.
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as part of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, strong organization skills and deadline driven.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (more advanced Excel skills preferable).
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365 applications (Teams & Sharepoint)
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP & EPM (Fusion GL, Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service [PBCS], Financial Consolidation Cloud Service [FCCS].
Perks you’ll get:
- Clear and defined career paths to pursue
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America