Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
As a General Manager, you will manage the location team to achieve the operational and revenue performance goals of an assigned retail car sales location.
Our unique model gives you all the tools to make your job easy, and your clients happy. Our simplified one-price model and our unique Ultimate Test Drive experience helps you close the deal—and did we mention you’ll have a wide range of inventory across all makes and models at your disposal?
As a Fortune 500 company, we provide you with best-in-class benefits including a base salary plus unlimited commission potential with no draw, and training and career pathing in case you want to explore other areas of our business. So, join us if you want to take your career to the next level!
What you’ll do:
- Responsible to consistently and profitably meet used vehicle sales quotas through expert management and leadership of the sales team.
- Forecast sales, maintain proper inventory levels in terms of amount and vehicle types, and motivate the sales team.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and monitoring team member performance. He/she is responsible for the resolution of customer complaints and to assist in closings when necessary
- Train the sales team on sales methodologies that support established sales targets
- Train sales team to become subject matter experts on all vehicles and vehicle specifications/features in the inventory
- Establish sales quotas for each sales representative and provide continuous feedback in order to manage to overall sales goals
- Continuously monitor and adjust inventory to optimize customer choice
- Measure and report sales metrics; monitor actuals-to-plan
- Continuously and consistently promote the dealership, its values, and its products/services
- Finalizing Purchase, Trade-in, and Sales agreements, contracts, etc.
- Utilizing e-commerce tools, i.e. social media, listing services, inventory systems, etc.
- Executing advertising and promotional plans
- Assisting with various Remarketing initiatives
- Work closely with ABG Car Rental facilities
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Retail Car Sales Management position.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Skills and abilities you should have:
- General business knowledge to successfully operate and manage a corporate retail store.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills to track all appropriate operational measures and analyze and forecast operational performance results.
- Strong communication and coaching skills. Ability to interact with both internal and external customers at all levels. Ability to manage and motivate staff in a team environment.
- Requires problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong understanding of marketing programs, events and promotions.
- Must be proficient with various computer applications including social media and mobile applications.
Perks you’ll get:
- Base salary plus unlimited commission potential with no draw
- Company vehicle and insurance
- Clear and defined career paths to pursue
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
Who are we?
Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals--although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration, and most importantly--power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.KatyTexasUnited States of America