Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The Supply Chain Intern is a key role in the Maintenance and Damage (M&D) Department. This role is responsible for a comprehensive set of responsibilities with regard to developing, executing, and reporting on the organization's Supply Chain expense control projects. This position plays a significant role in uncovering key operational insights and communicating them throughout all levels of the organization. This role will partner with other functions within the organization – Fleet, Operations, Procurement, and Finance – to drive connectivity between M&D and other data sources. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and review fleet analytics regarding maintenance and damage including vendor spend, tire usage, glass replacement, technician productivity, repair turn time, parts spend and usage
- Analyze Business Process gaps and identify solution alternatives
- Assist with project management for selected projects
- Analyze process issues and bottlenecks
- Develop and maintain reporting tools
- Perform data discovery, analysis, and modeling
- Collaborate with Department Managers on roadmap planning and prioritization
- Assist in the development of best practices for data collection, storage, and organization
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must love data analysis and have a hunger to dig deeper and learn more! Must have a propensity to always ask “why?”
- Excellent analytical ability and quantitative skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Excellent time management and the ability to multi-task and balance several important projects at one time.
- Excellent problem solving skills – must be resourceful and creative with solutions.
- Requires strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- It is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and capable of working in fast-paced environments
- Quick learner
- Great energy!
- Team player as this role will be required to work with employees from all levels of the organization
- Ability to work 35 hours a week
- Active enrollment at college/university
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America