COVID-19 & Recruitment
Following insights from the WHO, CDC, and local authorities, we have updated our already robust guidance to protect our most important asset: our people.
We are fully committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees and candidates, in addition to our customers and community. Whether you are interacting with our recruitment team to learn if a role with Avis Budget Group is right for you, or a current employee helping us meet our customers' essential travel needs, we are working hard to minimize your risk.
Check out our frequently asked questions below for the most up-to-date information on how we're addressing concerns and adapting in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Is Avis, Budget, Budget Truck, Payless, or Zipcar currently hiring?
We are currently fully staffed but encourage you to search for open roles near you on our career site in the coming months as travel demand increases. If you'd like to be the first to hear about new opportunities, register for our Talent Community to stay in the know!
Do you offer virtual interviews?
When we commence hiring, interviews will be conducted via telephone or video call to minimize unnecessary travel.
I've never done a virtual interview. Do you have any tips?
We know this might be new to you, so our patient recruiters help guide you though the best way of connecting with us so we can learn about you. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Test your technology(s) — Make sure your internet connection and video conferencing program are both working well prior to your interview.
- Dress appropriately (if video conferencing) — Dressing for success is no less important for remote interviews. Dress smartly, like you would for an in-person interview, and ensure your surroundings are tidy.
- Do your homework – Prepare just as you would for any other interview, rehearsing your responses to key interview questions and preparing your own questions for the interviewer.
- Be personable — Make eye-contact and generally engage with the interviewer to demonstrate your enthusiasm for the role (if video teleconferencing).
- Remove distractions — Ensure you’re fully engaged with the interviewer by removing all distractions, including your cell phone.
If I am unable to participate in a virtual interview, do I have the option to come and meet the hiring manager in person?
If the interview is not able to be conducted virtually, you will have the option to visit our location in-person. We will have measures in place to ensure your safety.
What if I feel ill the day my interview is scheduled?
Your health is the priority. If you are sick on the day of your interview, your recruiter would be happy to reschedule.
How are employees kept safe at work?
- Plexiglass counter shields to observe social distancing protocols
- Floor decals at our rental counters, so you will stay six feet from customers
- Disposable gloves and/or hand sanitizer will be available
- Masks available for employees
- Paperless rental agreements are available at most locations
- Limited amount of passengers on each bus
Is it safe for customers to rent vehicles from Avis Budget Group brands?
Our Safety Pledge includes all the steps we're taking to protect our customers, including the ability to pick up a vehicle with minimal contact, drive away while never having to put down a window, and returning a vehicle safely while getting an emailed receipt. You can view the protocols followed at each step of the rental process here.
After vehicles are returned, they are thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized with products that are CDC-recommended and EPA-certified to be effective against human coronavirus. You can view our vehicle protocols here.
Is Avis Budget Group allowing customers to change their rental reservations?
We recognize that during these uncertain times plans may change and our customers require greater flexibility.
Travel safety and flexibility are a top priority so we will do all we can to support our customers. Please find links to each brand here for information regarding travel safety, flexibility and reservations.
How is the company giving back to the community during these trying times?
We’re all in this together. As a mobility provider, we recognize the integral role we play in supporting our customers and communities in their time of need. We're grateful to have been able to give back in various ways.
- We removed fees associated with younger driving ages to assist students returning from school.
- We created a national discount program for frontline medical workers to safely get to where they need to go.
- We offered complimentary trucks from our Budget Truck fleet for food delivery throughout the city of New York, and provided free vehicle rentals to the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine for their outreach efforts in the Navajo Nation.
- We promoted unprecedented flexibility in waiving cancellation fees to allow people to alter their travel plans, and we announced an extension of our loyalty program, given the significant reduction in travel activity.
Now more than ever, we are working tirelessly to ensure our employees and customers have a safe and convenient environment to access private transportation solutions and to stay healthy in these unprecedented times. If you have any further questions regarding the recruitment process or being employed at Avis Budget Group, please reach out to us by emailing [email protected]. While we will reply as soon as possible, please expect delays due to volume.
As a next step, we invite you to check back to this page to view our open roles as we resume hiring in the coming months. You can also register to join our Talent Community so we can keep you updated via email and let you know when we have roles you might be interested in. Thank you for your interest in Avis Budget Group!